Learn how to use Grow's meeting builder tool.
Please note: this article is primarily for users with a System Admin role.
Click Config > Meeting Types.
Select Add Meeting Type.
Meeting Type Setup
The first thing you'll want to do is name your meeting type. It is important that you choose a unique name - if you attempt to use a duplicate meeting name you'll see a red error message directly below the name field. If applicable, enter the abbreviated name for this meeting type. Finally, you have the option to toggle Enable Phases and Enable Participants Copy; hover over the question mark next to each option for more guidance. To learn even more about these features, click here!
- Long Text Input Box: Paragraph-style field
- Short Text Input Box: Short answer-style field
- Date Field: Field requires entry in MM/DD/YYYY format
- Number Input Field: Field requires entry in whole number format
- Checkbox Option: Field requires selection(s) from list of input(s)
- Metadata Selector (Standards): Typically used in Relay Weekly Data Meetings. Standards are pre-loaded via metadata.
- Two Column Text Box: Table-style text entry field, commonly used to capture Glows & Grows or Know/Show charts.
Non-Input Fields: Use these fields to create headers and help text
- Help Text Field (No Input): Utilize for meeting guidance
- Header Field (No Input): Create headers to separate meeting sections
To make any fields private from meeting participants, enable Hide from participants. If either Enable Phases or Enable Participants Copy are turned on, you'll have two additional options to toggle. If both the host and participants should be able to type into the field, toggle Allow participants to edit on their copy.
To easily edit the order of your meeting fields, toggle Reorder Mode. This mode condenses each field so you can simply click and drag them to update their order. When you're done editing, simply un-toggle the setting.
Meeting Type Settings
Once all of your fields are created, click the orange Meeting Type Settings button.
Next, determine the settings for your meeting type.
General Options: To learn more about a setting, hover over the question mark.
- Enable Click to Fill: Allows users to select bullet-points to auto-fill into the attached text field.
- Enable "Mark All Absent" Button: Allows the host to mass-update participants to 'Absent'.
- Enable Videos Tab: Allows users to integrate Video Hub videos into meetings.
Tagging Options: If your site does not use any meeting metadata tags, this section will be blank.
Visibility Options: If certain reports, roles, or schools should not display/have access to this meeting type, check them off in this section. For example, if you would like teachers to be able to host this type of meeting, leave 'Teachers' unchecked under 'Roles'.
Once you are done choosing settings, click Save & Exit. Congratulations, you built a meeting template!
To test it out, navigate through Start > Start New Meeting and select your new template. If you need to make any edits, that's no problem! Simply click back into Meeting Types under Config, and click the edit button next to your template. You can edit, add, and remove meeting fields without impacting any meetings that have already been completed.
Do you need more information?
Click the Support and Feedback button or email us at email@example.com