Learn how to configure a template for lesson plan feedback!
Please note: this article is primarily for users with a System Admin role at districts with the lesson plan feedback feature enabled. If you are interested in setting this up for your site, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager/Associate.
This article will walk you through the steps of configuring a form for your leaders to give feedback to teachers on their lesson plans!
Go to Config > Lesson Plan Forms.
Click Add Lesson Plan Form.
Name your form, keeping in mind this name will need to be unique to your other form names. You can always edit this later! Click Create.
In the left column, you'll see various settings you can adjust:
- Schools Excluded: Select any schools whose users should not have the ability to use this form
- Roles Excluded: Select any user roles who should not have the ability to use this form (i.e. there might be certain forms that are only used by school leaders, not instructional coaches)
- Exclude these meeting types when scheduling related meetings: If coaches are scheduling meetings when recording lesson plan feedback, this setting controls which meeting templates are available to them (i.e. you may want to limit their choice to an Internalization Meeting template)
- Exclude these forms when scheduling related observations: If coaches are scheduling observations when recording lesson plan feedback, this setting controls which observation templates are available to them (i.e. you may want to exclude evaluation templates, and limit their options to only informal observations, or a specific lesson plan implementation checklist)
- Show Action Items Widget: This will make the action item manager, including things like Action Steps, Goals, and To-Dos, visible on the feedback form so that the reviewer can add and reference action items while completing the lesson plan review.
- Disable Using on New Reviews: This setting will disable the use of this form on a new lesson plan. An example of this use case would be if you are creating a form for second-round feedback. (i.e. to monitor the implementation of requested edits to the lesson plan)
Next, click Add Section.
Each section can contain multiple types of text boxes, help text, and more. Click the green Add Field button to select a field. Here are brief descriptions of each type of field:
- Short text box: for shorter entries of text, like a number or quick sentence.
- Standard text box: for a few sentences of text.
- Long text box: for long-form text, like multiple paragraphs.
- Check box: this will include one check box, so add multiple if you are checking off multiple items.
- Dropdown: for a single-selection item; you can add as many options as you'd like for each dropdown.
- Help text: no input from end-users, great to use for directions!
Now you can change the text for each name and/or description using the orange Edit button.
Add the text for each section or field's name or description. Each field will have three sections and two possible actions:
- Field type: this is the field you selected earlier and you cannot change the text here. In this case, this is a long text box.
- Field name: this is the header name of the field you are building.
- Field description: an optional area to provide more information or clarification.
- Field options: here you can choose to hide this from the lesson plan submitter, meaning it would only be visible to the reviewer & admin.
- Blue toggle: the icon with three horizontal lines can be used to drag and re-arrange your fields.
- Red trash can: you can use this to delete the field you are working on.
Once you've edited all of your fields and sections, click the green check to save your changes.
Your section and fields have now been created! You can always:
- Add a new section or a new field with the green buttons
- Edit a section with the orange button.
- Delete a section with the red trash can button.
Do you need more information?
Click the Support and Feedback button or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org